Thursday, February 1, 2018

Fusion Card Challenge - Rainbow Hearts

A new challenge begins today at Fusion Card Challenge! There's lots to love about the inspiration this time and I'm hoping you'll play along! Check it out! 
So what do you love? The rainbow of hearts? or the fun sketch? Either way it's all good - at Fusion you can work from the sketch OR the photo OR BOTH!
I thought the rainbow of hearts was gorgeous! I've always been a big fan of leaded glass ANYTHING - once upon a time I even took classes! 
I'm smitten with die cuts and ones with outlines really appeal to me. This one is from Memory Box called Heart Swell. I cut it from a white panel of card stock and then adhered it over a panel that I painted with a watercolor wash in rainbow colors.
To separate the hearts I cut the die again from a panel water colored with blue and inlaid it between the colored hearts. There were only two pieces that were inlaid making this very CAS and easy to make. 
I stamped the sentiment (also from Memory Box - Wirework Hearts stamp set) on a simple banner die and adhered it on the right side of the card. 
Now it's you're turn! Head on over to Fusion Card Challenge where you can see samples from the rest of the team and link up your very own design inspired by the challenge!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Memory Box Wirework Hearts
Die | Memory Box Heart Swell

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hi Jeanne! First of all, love your blog. Ooooh, that fuschia in your signature is so pretty. Love fuschia! And I read the story about your blog name. Cute! Okay on to your beautiful card. I love how light and bright it is. Your watercolor washes are fabulous. They sure pop against the white outline of the die cut hearts. The blue background is a lovely shade. So very pretty! Thanks for sharing! Have a happy day. :)

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful CAS design, Jeanne! Your cascade of rainbow hearts are so pretty and I love how you inlaid them with your watercolored panel! A really lovely card and fabulous 'Fusion'!

Linda Callahan said...

You make the prettiest cards girl! Love the river of hearts....hat die cut is fab!

Lisa Elton said...

This couldn't be any more perfectly perfect Jeanne! Love it!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Beautiful card, Jeanne! I love the way the colorful hearts tumble down! Great take on the challenge!

Karren said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning, Jeanne!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this, pun intended!