Thursday, June 1, 2017

RCSFYTT #49 - Wishing You A Beautiful Day

I hope you're having a great day!  It's the first of the first of the month and I've got a new Reverse Confetti Sketch For You To Try!  A sketch is always my favorite challenge!  I look at the shapes and try to think of different images that would look good in that particular arrangement.

This new sketch captivated me.. I love those big bold stripes behind the focal point!  And since I love pattern paper I think this sketch is just wonderful!  There's lots of ways you can mix and match papers with this one!

Reverse Confetti is knocking it out of the park with each pattern paper collection they release!  Today I'm working with the new "Pattern Play" 6" pad.  All the papers are coordinated to work together - and helps take the guess work out of what to use. 

For the focal point I layered a LACY SCALLOP CIRCLE over a CIRCLES 'N SCALLOPS Confetti Cut! I love the gold peeking through the little openings on the stitched die.
The three circle elements on the sketch were transformed into a flower and leaves from ROSE GARDEN.  I stamped the images with Memento and colored them with Copics.  I made the rose yellow to coordinate with the yellow in the background papers.

I added some fabric trims to this feminine design - lace, ric rac, and a twine bow.

The sentiment is stamped on a TALL TAG TRIO tag.  I wanted to repeat the lacy die cut holes that let more color from the background peek through.

Are you loving this sketch and want to play along?  You have the whole month to join us. You can always find the latest Reverse Confetti Sketch For You to Try by clicking on the badge in the right margin on the blog!  Click here to see more designs from the rest of the team. 




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps |  Reverse Confetti Rose Garden
Dies |  Reverse Confetti Rose Garden, Tall Tag Trio, Lacy Scallop Circles, Circles 'n Scallops
Pattern Paper |  Reverse Confetti Pattern Play
Twine | The Twinery Buttercream
Ric Rac | May Arts




2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like all of the pretty little elements you've combined in your design. This is pretty Jeanne!

Tracey McNeely said...

You know that you and RC were meant to be together, this one makes me smile!