Thursday, March 30, 2017

FUSION - SPRING / EASTER Inspired!

I hope you're having a wonderful day!  I'm keeping busy getting ready to move back into my craft room and trying to organize what's going back and where.  I feel another purge coming on! LOL!    It seems like I keep accumulating things - and lots of things I haven't used in a while.. glitter, flocking, felt, buckets of buttons..  my Sizzix big thick dies, and lots of Spellbinders too.  I really hate parting with any of it, because you know.. when you need it, you need it.   Seems like everything old is new again eventually too!   How do you decide what to keep? 

A new challenge begins today at Fusion Card Challenge.  We have a beautiful Spring/ Easter table scape as inspiration, and if you're not feeling that.. you can always just follow the sketch!  I'm always trying to FUSE the two things together.. so here is my card with an Easter theme following the layout. 
I started with some pretty papers from Simple Stories. These are from the EASTER 23" paper pack.   I cut one of the 3x4" cards with the bunny image down - trimming off the empty edges to make it smaller.   


The pack also had a sticker sheet with sentiments and embellishments.  To make them easier to work with I dusted them with powder from my emboss buddy and adhered them with adhesive foam tape.

To break up all the patterns I added a border of solid card stock that was die cut with a Pretty Pink Posh stitched border.  Some shiny enamel dots look like candy (sorry no jelly beans!)
Want to play along too? or do you feel like you need a little more inspiration? Here's a link to my Fusion Card Challenge Teamies! Just click on their names to jump to their blog.


We sure hope you join us at Fusion Card Challenge! It's going to be egg-ceptionally fun!






Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Paper | Simple Stories 12" Easter Collection
Pretty Pink Posh | Stitched Borders 1




6 comments:

richardbreaks said...

You always have the best ideas, Jeanne. Super cute!
Destash, huh? Don't know how you do that, but I'd be interested in a whack at your discard pile....just sayin'...

Michele K. Henderson said...

Your Easter Bunny card is adorable, Jeanne! I love his fresh colors!
Take care!
Michele

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable! Sweet sweet Easter card!

Lisa Elton said...

This is overflowing with spring and cuteness Jeanne!! Love it to bits!

Sharron said...

Super sweet Easter card! Love all the soft, springy colors!

Karren said...

Oh this is so cute, Jeanne! That wee bunny is just adorable. As for knowing what supplies to keep, well I keep everything because I never know when I might need it. I do have to periodically pack things up into big plastic bins and put them in the garage, but I know where things are if I need something. (Can you say "hoarder" ha ha)