Friday, February 24, 2017

Tupelo Designs LLC | Altenew Painted Poppy

Happy Friday!  This week flew by for me!  I'm not sure what the weekend has in store for me.. we usually play it by ear - lots of projects on the "Honey Do" list.. but if DH isn't feeling like it or the weather isn't cooperating there are no objections to keeping it on the list and thinking about it another day!  Last weekend the weather was beautiful and we had a cookout.  It was so nice that we had a fire in the pit and just sat for a few hours.   This weekend is calling for snow so all bets are off!
Friday is my day to post for Tupelo Designs LLC!  I really enjoy being on their design team because I get to work with lots of different product from the store.   I'm always reaching for the Altenew or Concord and 9th.. but there's lots of others to choose from like Reverse Confetti, My Favorite Things, Neat and Tangled and so many more.
This set is from Altenew called Painted Poppy.  I started with a simple watercolor wash using Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors in three shades of blue (Cornflower, Bule and Cobalt).  I painted on Tim Holtz Watercolor paper - it's bright white, and thick enough that  it doesn't warp when you do a loose wash. 
The poppies are all stamped with Altenew Ink.  I started by stamping the outline in Jet Black.  The flowers are stamped with Crimson and Grapevine.   For the leaves I used Frayed Leaf and Forest Glades. 
I used my new Hampton Arts Stamp Perfect tool so I could make several cards at one time. I love that I can get a perfect impression (like the sentiment on the rough watercolor paper) by stamping multiple times if needed. The Hampton Arts is a terrific value too!

Want to go shopping?  Head on over to Tupelo Designs LLC where you'll always find free shipping (USA ONLY) no coupon required.   They also have a loyalty program where the dollars you spend turn into discounts off your next order.  What's better than that?   New products are added to the store everyday and you can mix and match your favorite brands all in one place!  





Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Altenew Painted Poppy
Dies | Altenew Painted Poppy, MFT Fishtail Flags
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh
Gansai Tambi Watercolor
Ink | Altenew 






1 comment: