Friday, March 11, 2016

TYIC - Easter Bunny Tag!

We're at the half way point of the current Tag You're It Challenge!  I just wanted to remind you in case you want to play along!   Tags usually come together quick and they're a great way to dress up just about anything!    A bag of treats, or home made cookies, maybe a few EOS lip gloss in a cellophane bag - wouldn't that just look like candy??  When my kids were little, Easter was the time that we'd buy new bikes - from the Easter Bunny of course.  DH would leave a trail of half eaten carrots to the garage where they would find their brand new bike waiting.   I was thinking a little tag on the handle bars would be really cute... maybe some day.. gulp...  when I have grandchildren someday?  
The inspiration photo is a beautiful tag from Marybeth Lopez from Marybeth's Time For Paper! Don't you love it?  SO clever how she put a layer of pattern paper behind the die cut tag!!   I love the bright pink flowers and all that greener!  Just so luscious isn't it? 
I did lots of things the same as Marybeth.  I layered a tag - big pink one on the back, white on the front.. Happy Easter - check.. instead of flowers surrounded by greenery - a sweet little bunny! 
I love pink and yellow together so I added little yellow flowers, button and twine in yellow.  Some gems for the magpie in me... and of course a fuzzy little bunny tail!  
If you want to get all the details as well as see more samples from the design team just click here to jump to the Tag You're It Challenge Blog - you only have  a few days left!  What are you waiting for?










Supplies:
Dies | Poppystamps | Mainstreet Tags, Stitched Mainstreet Tags | Leafy Sprig |Frilly Bunny | Johnny Jump Ups
Paper | Authentique | Classique
Stamp | WPlus9 | Easter Blessings 
Twinery Buttercream Twine
Gems |  Pom Pom  | Button October Afternoon

10 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tag Debbs xx

Michele K. Henderson said...

I LOVE your Easter bunny tag, Jeanne! Great colors and so adorable!
Take care!
Michele

Diane Jaquay said...

What a darling Easter tag, love this, Jeanne!

Marybeth said...

Thanks Jeanne! I love your take on my tag its so darn adorable with that sweet bunny and so many beautiful layers!

Nancy said...

This is so fabulous in every way! LOVE IT Jeanne!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...this is one sweet bunny! I just love it.

Lisa Elton said...

Perfectly adorable Jeanne, so sweet!!

Sharron said...

I agree, love pink & yellow and they're such a great spring combo! Your base tag with the lacy design is so pretty. And what an adorable bunny! Lots of green here too. Just hope we don't have a cold snap & snow!

cm said...

I adore your darling bunny, nestled amongst the pretty flowers, precious in pink and sporting such a sweet bow! Your story about the Easter bunny bringing bikes and leaving a trail of carrots to the discovery: oh my! Talk about a fabulous tradition creating treasured memories. My brother bought my niece her first 'real' bike (mountain bike) and put it on her bed to surprise her when she came home. Why the bed? Because he remembered, many years ago, when my sister and I (we're both significantly older than he is), bought him a new bike and placed it on his bed. Wish I could have been around to see her response...I can picture those blue eyes of hers becoming the size of saucers. I *think* I heard her squeals of delight, though *grin*
Hugs~c

Olga Direktorenko said...

Love this creation, Jeanne! So inspiring!