Wednesday, March 23, 2016

SPDSS46 - Precious Baby!

Happy Wednesday! It's time for your Sugar Pea Designs Sketch fix!   We have a new sketch every week with samples from the design team, but the prize is drawn monthly.  This means you have all month to play along with us! You are welcome to play along with all the sketches or just one but remember the more times you play along during the month, the better chance you have of winning a $75 gift certificate to our store!!!
You know I totally love  sketch to play along with.  It takes some of the guess work out of what I'll be making.  I usually look at the sketch and try to envision different images in the shapes of the design.   This is the perfect sketch if you have the Stitched Flags die set -  I cut that big flag in the background with it!

I decided to put an image in the circle on the sketch, and a sentiment on the little flag on the left side.   I don't have many baby stamp sets - but when I saw this set called "Welcome Baby" I was sold!  There are so many cute stamps in the set - a rocking horse, a onesie.. and check that bitty rattle!
The rocking horse die is from the Welcome Baby Accents die set!  Isn't it sweet with the little cut out heart?  I thought the ledger paper with the numbers would be great for baby- I remember filling out albums for my kids - with a photo every month and writing down developmental landmarks - you know baby's first steps, eating with a spoon.. first words.

The Zig Zag Stitched dies are a must have - the circle set includes 6 nested dies that will work with all your stamps.  They add that nice stitched detail around the outside edge of the circle that make this extra fancy!  
 

Need a little more inspiration?  Check out more projects from the design team. Just click on their name to jump to their blogs!
I hope you'll play along with us at the challenge here on the Sugar Pea Designs Blog!











Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Sugar Pea Designs Welcome Baby
Dies | Sugar Pea Designs Welcome Baby Accents, Zig Zag Stitched Circles, Stitched Flags| Spellbinders Charmed I'm Sure | MFT Fishtail Flags
Twinery Pink Sorbet Twine
Pattern Paper | Simple Stories So Fancy 12"
Button
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh

7 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...this is as sweet as can be!

Lesley said...

You and I both had babies on the brain! Love this!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne love every detail about this card, the beautiful smooth lines and fabulous paper!

Lisa Elton said...

Darling baby card!!

Sharron said...

Such a sweet, adorable card! Love how you used darker, bolder colors instead of the traditional pastels.

Karren said...

This is the cutest baby card! I just got that die set this week, so I'm looking forward to putting it to use.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such a fantastic card Jeanne! I LOVE the bold colours!!