Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Pretty Little Studio Pinterest Inspired - But First.. Chocolate!

Do you ever feel like your creating needs a little kick start? No worries! We've got you covered! Here's our Pinterest Inspiration photo for this week at Pretty Little Studio!
So what do you see? I'm loving the texture - smooth sheets, thick soft blanket, and warm comfy socks! Looks like someone is as snug as a bug in a rug! LOL!! Lot's of us are dealing with the flu now with the season's changing - and the weather getting warmer. What could be better that staying in bed with a hot cuppa your favorite and a good book?
No need to adjust your screen - my design is totally monochromatic - just like the photo. Something different and unexpected for a color lover like me. What is really amazing about this is how all the grays from the different products match perfectly. I'm always disappointed when I start working with a collection and the colors / shades just don't match. Not the case with these products from Pretty Little Studio - and I used LOTS of different items - just check the ingredient list at the bottom of this post. 
My card base is very simple - just one layer here - a sheet from the Wonderland Collection. If you are a card maker like me you are going to love the new 6x4" Paper Packs! Since most of my cards are A2 size (4.25 x 5.5") these are perfect!
I chose to use a Chill Out | Journaling card from the Wonderland Collection - The chocolate sentiment was calling to me.
Next for lots of embellishments... a Strawberry Swirl Flair (they remind me of peppermints! - and there are 6 in a package in a nice variety of colors!), and circle stickers from Planner Stickers Winter Circles.
This little flag is from another Planner Stickers set - Flannel Garland. A tip for you - if you want to make your stickers a little less "sticky" so they will be more forgiving if you aren't sure where they will be mounted and you might want to move them around just sprinkle them with talc. I have my handy embossing buddy - a little pouch with non stick powder in it used to remove static when heat embossing. I put the sticker on the pouch and some of the powder adheres to the sticky back of the sticker. The sticker remains adhesive enough to adhere in place, but I can still move it around if I need to.
To dress up the journaling card I wrapped twine around it a few times and finished it with a bow and enamel dots. A peek of pretty doily makes everything just a little fancier. I cut the 4" Cambridge Doily in half to look like a tablecloth. I 'll save the other half for another project.
Seriously, isn't it amazing that all the gray's match perfectly? 
I hope our Pinterest photo inspires you to try something new! I was a little doubtful about the monochromatic design, but I'm so happy with the end result!










Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Pretty Little Studio Products:
Pattern Paper | Wonderland Collection
Journaling | Chill Out
Flair | Wonderland | Strawberry Swirl
Planner Stickers | Winter Circles | Flannel Garland
Doily | Cambridge 4"
Other: 
Twinery Stone Twine
Enamel Dots | Tim Holtz Mini Staples

4 comments:

Joyce said...

This is a real change for you, Jeanne, but I like it. You can create in any style and any color. Truly extremely talented. And, I have to say that I totally agree with the sentiment!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne I did take a second look, this is very different for you but very very gorgeous too! Love your monochromatic card!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely monochromatic card Jeanne!! Yes...chocolate does come first!!

Sharron said...

Love that you did something out of the box for you! The monochrome look is fantastic and it still has your trademark mix of elements. Everything is perfectly placed! Fabby sentiment too!!