Saturday, March 12, 2016

Inspired by - Kate Lorenzini - Spring Wreath

Hey!  Have you seen there's a new challenge in town?  LOL!!!   Inspired by All The Little Things started out as a feature on Lesley Croghan's blog.  She decided to pull it out from between her other posts and give it a blog all of it's own!  You can find it here - Inspired by All The Little Things.  Here's how it works.  Every Saturday one of the DT members chooses an inspiration photo.  Next we ask a guestie that inspires us to create something with said photo and tell us a little bit about what inspires them!   Yep!  A short interview so you can get to know each guestie a little better.   Then we ask YOU to play along!   We're such a small community I figure that eventually we'll all get our 5 minutes in the spotlight and each get to know each other better.   My bloggie friend community is my sanctuary - our inky fingers are a common bond! LOL!  And since I get to pick the photo every second Saturday of the month I'd love to have some suggestions on what sort of inspiration photo you might want to see!

You know I CANT complain about the inspiration photo if I chose it!  So YES! I do love this image.  Of course I picked up on the wood grain, pretty wreath covered in tulips and cornflowers and the sweet little bird sitting inside.
I even added a little banner across the top of the page.  I almost made it striped and put "SPRING" on it.. but thought I might be taking it a bit too far.  You'll have to settle for some stripes on the outside edges of the card.
You know I love my bling so I couldn't resist adding some gold die cut butteflies and a bit of MT Washi (swoon - that is my all time favorite brand and YES it's worth every penny!) 

To fill the wreath with the flower bunches I had to cut a few into pieces.  To cover up the spot where all the little ends meet I added a bow topped with a button. 
My tulips seemed a little invisible with the putty colored ink so I went back in with a grey Copic marker to add some highlights.  Can you see them now?  LOL!!
For my very first guest at Inspired by I asked Kate Lorenzini from Pinned and Penned.  I love her mix of papers / patterns and fun elements!  She's also super sweet and I'm so glad we're friends too!   I hope you'll join us at Inspired by All The Little Things!   We're having a design team call out ... maybe this is something you might enjoy too?!  










Finished Size:  4.25 x  5.5"
Stamps | Papertrey Ink Bitty Bouquets
Pattern Paper |  Simple Stories Summer Vibes 12"
Dies | Serendipity Stamps Wreath | Memory Box  Butterfly Exhibit | Simon Says Stamp Ribbon Banner | Papertrey Ink Bitty Bouquets
Fiber | May Arts Natural Button Twine
MT Washi | Ruby Rock It Wood Veneer Bird | Serendipity Stamps Wood Look Sequins | Button

18 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

What stamp set are the Tulips! I love your wreath and the whole design. Just lovely.

Lesley said...

This is stunning!!! You have such a knack for mixing patterns and elements in a design! Love your inspiration this week too!

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! I adore all the detail on your card. The flowers are stunning and I love all the layering. So much to look at!!

Unknown said...

Your cards are just brilliant love all you do Debbs xx

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Jeanne, you captured the inspiration pic perfectly!

Sharron said...

Goodness, you are really rocking the spring theme! Your wreath is gorgeous! Love the more muted tulip colors and the wood-look background.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how I love your wreath!! What a sensational card Jeanne!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is GORGEOUS, Jeanne!

richardbreaks said...

Jeanne, I just love this. All the elements fall just perfectly, and that bright blue takes my breath away! Love your background layers, too!

Tracey McNeely said...

You could not have captured your inspiration any better. This is absolutely fabulous!! I tried not to completely copy you with mine--lol

Jinny Newlin said...

This is absolutely perfect, Jeanne! Such beautiful, textural layers; and I adore those sweet, little, gold butterflies!

Nancy Thomas said...

Gasp! This is gorgeous.

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous wreath!

I Card Everyone said...

Fabulous layers that you do SO well, Jeanne!! I am incredibly inspired by linens - but you knew that, right?
=]

Susi said...

Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo! Love all the elements on your card, especially the "rustic" ones (BG, twine, bird). Fab card!

Donna said...

You nailed it (again) with this card, Jeanne. I LOVE it :)

LauraJane:) said...

Thanks for the introduction to Kate, her work holds so much to be learned from:)
Love the pop of peachy/crimson postcard edge on your card. And that bitty bouquet worked perfectly for the springy goodness!

cm said...

GASP! Rendered speechless by your beautiful translation of your inspiration photo. The wreath, tulips, banner, woodgrain...AND the wee gold butterflies...such gorgeous eye-candy. I'll second Michele's love for linens as inspiration. She's got me hooked on Crate and Barrel now!
Hugs~c