Saturday, March 5, 2016

Inspired by All the Little Things - Tea Time

Hey! Have you heard? There's a new challenge in town! It's called Inspired by All the Little Things! Lesley Croghan started this feature on her personal blog Always Playing with Paper a while back. It was getting lost between her posts and she decided to make it a new challenge blog. Every week one member of the design team picks a different inspiration photo and guest that inspires them. It's a chance for you to get to meet new designers - we'll be asking them some questions. The guest designer will be playing along with the challenge, and you get to join along!

Lesley is the creative genius behind so many other popular challenges .... Freshly Made Sketches, The Paper Players, FUSION, The Card Concept, Merry Monday, Dynamic Duos Challenge, Seize the Birthday, Seize the Sketch, e SRM Challenge AND on top of that she's a very talented designer !!! I was delighted when she asked me to be a part of this new challenge blog.


What a beautiful kick off for the new blog!   I love the pretty tea cups and butterfly cookies.  Lots of pretty pastels with just a hint of gold on the rims of the cups. 
I immediately went for my favorite tea stamp of all time - this intricate design from Serendipity Stamps. 
You dont have to be an expert at coloring this one.  I used Copic Markers and just added some shading loosely around the designs on the china.  I wasn't careful to stay in the lines - I just wanted to add some loose color. 

To keep with the tea time theme I added a bit of lace doily as a tablecloth for the china set.  I was going for a shabby chic feel so I piled on lots of embellishments - Twinery Strawberry Twine, sequins in three colors, a stick pin, and intricate die cuts. 
I had to add a little bit of gold - a sprinkle of butterflies, and if you look close, I double cut the leaf die and stacked kraft on top of gold. 
I hope you'll join us for this new challenge. I know you'll see lots of familiar faces including our guest this week - the Queen of the Coffee Lovers...  Amy Tsuruta ....and our small design team. Just click on their name to jump to their blog.



You can find the challenge here at Inspired by All the Little Things!










Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Serendipity Stamps | Tea Time | Tea Set | Small Cup
Dies | Memory Box, Botanical Stem, Butterfly Exhibit | Poppystamps Lyndon Butterfly, Elsa Butterfly | MFT Fishtail Flags | Cheery Lynn French Pastry Doily
Pattern Paper | Anna Griffin
Twinery Twine | Strawberry
Sequins | Wood Look Serendipity | Colored Pretty Pink Posh
Pin | Dritz

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

Perfect! Your card is awesome Jeanne!

Lesley said...

Such an elegant take on the inspiration, Jeanne! Love that set and the papers you used!

Nancy Penir said...

I woke up this morning in Victorian Heaven! Enchantment everywhere! Even the twinkle of gold on the butterflies! (Amazing photos, btw) Gorgeous!!!

Diana Seal said...

Hey Jeanne! Your Tea Time card is absolutely adorable!
So much detail, pretty tea set and sweet butterflies!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation, have a wonderful weekend!
Diana

Patti said...

Oh so sweet and inviting!! Beautiful detail!!

Patti

Karen Day said...

Jeanne - your card is lovely! So many pretty details - I love how you did the leaves with the gold peeking out - amazing!

Tracey McNeely said...

I knew you would have oodles of romantic layers Jeanne! Such a pretty card for the inspiration!

Cris G. said...

This is beautiful, Jeanne! A faithful representation of the inspiration picture.

Lisa Elton said...

This is dreamy!! Love the tea set. Such a feminine and lovely lovely card Jeanne!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so lovely, Jeanne! The colors & paper are just beautiful w/ your sweet tea set.

Kim Heggins said...

Oh...Jeanne, this is so sweet. I love the look of tea parties and this is so sweet.

Mary Dew Lee said...

Beautiful! I love how you color this tea set - just hints. Love the gold layers of the leaves on the die cut! A perfect tribute to the end of Downton Abbey!

Krisha said...

Beautiful and delicate card.

Sharron said...

So very beautiful, Jeanne! Love the delicate tea set! You have combined all the elements perfectly.

cm said...

Such an elegant tea set, Jeanne; easy to see why it's your favourite! I'm reminded of the tea parties I have with my niece, who has a lovely little tea set handed down from her Grammy. The wee gold butterflies are charming special touches...
hugs~c