Sunday, March 20, 2016

Happy Birthday Kim! Watercolored Anemonies

Mickey Mouse Cake: This is a special announcement for a very dear friend - this is for you Kim!  Big hugs and birthday wishes for your very special birthday!!  


Do you know Kim Heggins?  She's on the Happy Little Stampers DT and her blog is Cupcakes Cards and Kim!  She's the sweetest ever!  She loves Mickey Mouse - can you believe that's her crafty room theme??!  How fun!!  She's a teacher by day and a party animal at night!  LOL - just kidding Kim!  I know Kim loves going with her daughter Ashleigh to music festivals and loves alternative music - gosh so many concerts I'd love to see with her.  Best of all Kim is crafty!   

Kim's friend Kylie Purtell founder of Addicted to Stamps is having a party for Kim.  You can see all the other well wishers and link up a card of your own if you like here!  I hope you will wish Kim a very Happy Birthday!  She's a bright spot in my life - always ready to listen or share a smile!  

Happy Birthday sweet friend! 
Here's my card in blue and gold for Kim!  I inked up the floral image from WPlus9's Water colored Anemonies set with Memento Danube Blue.  I spritzed it with water and stamped it on water color paper.  I use Canson 140# cold press XL. 

 I painted gold highlights and then added some splatter in the same colors.
 I wanted to add lots of gold accents so some strips of MT washi in gold, gold enamel dots, and gold embroidery thread from Kreinik.
The fun Par-tay sentiment lightens up all the drama of this elegant gold and blue print that reminds me of fine china.
 Happy Birthday Kim!  Lots of hugs and love to you today and always! 










Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | WPlus9 | Water Colored Anemonies | Strictly Sentiments
Washi | MT
Dies | MFT Fishtail Flags
Thread | Kreinik
Gold Enamel Dots 

10 comments:

Darnell said...

That's a perfect cake for Kim, Jeanne! And so is your beautiful and elegant card! It's just oozing with partay richness and I love it!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

What a beauty Jeanne, Kim will adore this!

Nancy Penir said...

Reminds me of fine china too! So I'm going with this is a 'fine' elegant card! Love the gold accents too. As usual, beautifully done!

Nora Noll said...

I am in love with this card!! The blue is so pretty and I like the way you used the Washi on this. I also love that fun sentiment. Wish I had time to make her a card. Kim is such a sweetie!!

Donna said...

This is gorgeous, Jeanne. I'm sure Kim will LOVEit :)

Lindsey said...

As if this wasn't pretty enough, the gold details just send this over the top! Absolutely incredible, my friend!!!

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous, Jeanne. So very elegant with the royal blue and gold.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! There's something about that blue that absolutely speaks to me, and I adore the pairing of it with gold! So pretty!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...this is absolutely beautiful, I have to agree that it does look like a piece of fine china, do beautiful and elegant. I love your sweet Mickey cake too, so sweet and so much fun. Thank you so much for making my birthday so special!

Sharron said...

Gorgeous, Jeanne! Kim will love the beautiful gold & blue, Your watercolored look is wonderful!