Thursday, March 31, 2016

Fusion Orchid Occasions - Hibiscus Bloom

Wow this week is going fast!  I'm still suffering with my cold and lately it's just making my teeth ache.  In fact one side of my face is a bit swollen.  Probably not related to the cold so I went to the dentist.  I'm starting a course of antibiotics and I hope they kick in really fast.  I've got to take my dad to the hospital on Friday to have his pacemaker replaced and I want to have my happy face on for him.  

A new challenge begins today at Fusion - this one is called Orchid Occasions.   The Fusion challenge asks you to play with just the photo OR the sketch, and if you are feeling witty you can FUSE them together.   I'm always trying to put them together but sometimes it's not so easy.

Check that photo!  What do you love - pretty aqua and pink, those long tall vases.. maybe the elegant orchids? 

 First of all I don't have an orchid stamp or die.  I looked everywhere!  I decided it didn't matter what sort of flower I used - just be sure to make it a hot pink! LOL!  Check!


Next for the shape of that sketch.. an oval AND a strip to the right. I decided to paint an area with the aqua blue of the vase and for the strip on the sketch some
 stenciling. 
I loaded up the stencil with some Golden Light Molding Paste and then sprinkled it with glitter while it was still wet so it would stick. 
The hibiscus takes the place of the butterfly on the sketch.  I tucked in a few vellum die cut leaves - they're really soft and subtle. 
The inspirational sentiment is from CASual Fridays Breathe stamp set.   A sprinkle of enamel dots, wood sequins and a bit of washi and I'm done! 
Need a little more inspiration? Check out designs from the rest of the team by clicking on their names below.


We sure hope you join us at Fusion Card Challenge! You have two weeks to play along! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!










Finished Size 4.25  x 5.5"
Stamps | CAS-ual Fridays Breathe
Dies | Memory Box Hibiscus Flower, Pointed Leaf
Stencil | Tim Holtz Tracks
Washi | MT, 
Wood Sequins  | Cloud 9
Enamel Dots, Glitter

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, this might be one of my favorite cards of yours ever. WOW! All those elements and media you incorporated... stencil, paste, watercolor, glitter, die cut, vellum, enamel dots, wooden sequins... and the bold black sentiment. Jeanne, this is amazing. Way to fuse it all, while being sick nonetheless! Hope all goes well with your dad on Friday and that you feel on the mend soon. Thinking of you!! xo

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is really STUNNING, Jeanne, outstanding design! Love that sentiment too :)

Donna said...

Oh my goodness... This is so pretty, Jeanne.
Love how you've fused the sketch and photo together here.
Job well done, my friend :)

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love these gorgeous colors, Jeanne! This is just beautiful!
Take care!
Michele

Nancy Penir said...

A stunner, Jeanne! Love the hot pink against the bright aqua. And love, love the glitter stenciling. Must try that. Hope to play along. Feel better soon!

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous, Jeanne. I am so sorry that you are still sick, and I hope that the antibiotics will cure you.

sandie said...

This is stunning, love the added glitter and vellum leaves. Hope you feel better soon x

Patti said...

Simply stunning!! I especially love the color combo but each and every detail comes together perfectly!

Patti

laurie said...

This is SO pretty! Love the vellum leaves and sparkles!

Lisa Elton said...

This is stunning Jeanne!! The bright pink really pops!!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card...just gorgeous Jeanne!

Lindsey said...

Wow! I love this!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful affirmative sentiment for your pretty card Jeanne! love the layered bloom and beautiful background!

Sharron said...

So gorgeous! Love the hot pink, looks so amazing with the aqua! And I love the sentiment.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

agree, your pink hibiscus is perfect! Hope you feel better soon!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Just too much for words!!! Breathless!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful, summery palette! Love that sentiment, and your little, Washi border is perfection! Fun!

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful!

Karren said...

Beautiful card! Love that background and the sentiment is fabulous!

Donna said...

This is so pretty, Jeanne.
Another one for my favourites collection :)