Thursday, March 3, 2016

Fusion Card Challenge - Lucky You!

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I hope you're having a great day! Wow! Can you believe it's March already? And not one, but TWO holidays this month! This week I think you're going to see lots of St. Patrick's Day! I'm not Irish, but that wont stop me from making corned beef, or drinking a few green beers. Well if the beer isn't green I promise the bottle will be!

Here's the latest challenge photo for Fusion Card Challenge! Remember if you don't want to be Irish that is ok.. follow the sketch. If you're feeling tricky try to combine the two.
I decided to replace all those rows of clover with a repeated quilt pattern. Thank you MISTI for making this possible! LOL I stamped three rows of the quilt pattern and filled them in with shades of green. Yes... three shades of green ink going on here. One for the stitched pattern, and two for inside the loops.
I thought that little banner that says "lucky" in the inspiratoin photo was so cute that I had to put a banner of my own across the top of the card. The Lucky word die really stands out in black. If you look close I made the clover inside the word die green. Inside the loops of the clover are gold. They look like little gold coins.

A few enamel dots and some Twinery twine - yes in more shades of green and color me happy!
I can't wait to see what you make! You can see more beautiful inspiration from the design team and get all the details here at Fusion Card Challenge!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | WPlus9 Quilt Prints | Waltzingmouse Celtic Heritage
Die | Serendipity Lucky Word Die | MFT Fishtail Flags | IO Clover | Spellbinder Nested Pennants
Twinery Peapod Twine
Enamel Dots
Ink | Memento | Versafine Onyx Black

14 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

Wow! I love this card, Jeanne! It's so fresh and pretty and is a wonderful take on the challenge photo! One of my favorite!
Take Care!
Michele

sandie said...

Fab quilt pattern and the bold, black sentiment looks great against the green x

Julia Aston said...

Love that quilt pattern - so pretty in the 3 shades of green!

Marybeth said...

This is as fresh as can be and so pretty in green! Love the background and fun banner!

Jinny Newlin said...

I just love to see old stamp sets brought to new life! Way to rock those quilt prints, love! So festive and full of creativity!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!! And yes I agree, so fresh!

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! I love the quilt pattern and your addition of the fun banner. Such a fabulous card!!

Peanut said...

The quilt pattern is outstanding, Jeanne. Really gorgeous.
x Asha

~amy~ said...

Sigh, I LOVE this.

Lisa Elton said...

What a perfectly delightful St. Patrick's Day card!! Your stamping is wonderful!

wienerhoneymooners said...

GORGOEUS Jeanne!!!! So clean and fresh!!!! This is also perfect for The Card Concept!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne this is fantastic, I love that quilted pattern!

cm said...

Marvelous take on the inspiration photo! I'm especially smitten with your quilt stamp/colours. I don't have anything that's St. Patrick's Day specific, but you've given me ideas for 'adapting' things I do have...
Hugs~c

Karren said...

This is such a fun card and those greens all work so beautifully together!