Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Poppystamps Challenge - A Day In The Park

A new challenge begins today at Poppystamps.  Not familiar with Poppystamps?  Their parent company is Memory Box and I bet if you take a second look at your die collection you just might find you have a few Poppystamps dies in your collection already.  The challenge this month is "A day in the park", and it's a monthly challenge so there is plenty of time to play!  You just might even win a few free dies just for playing!  You can get all the details here at the Poppystamps Blog!

I had lots of fun playing with my Poppy dies and wanted to show how I came up with my design.  I usually mix and match colors and elements until I'm happy with the layout.   Here's how it came together before everything got die cut and glued down.
I thought a bike ride through the park would be nice on a beautiful day!  Apparently someone else had the same idea because there are kits flying in the background, and it looks to be a beautiful summer day.  No rain in sight (that's my fantasy lately with all the rain we're having in the Chicago area.)
 The sentiment is from the Poppy "Hope and Thanks" set.  It has lots of sentiments to mix and match with the words "hope" and "thanks". 

The Kite die comes with a large and small kite, clouds and little bows for the tail.  I drew the kite string with a marker.  I colored the tires, seat and handle of the bike with a sharpie marker to add color.

I hope you'll join us at Poppystamps!   You can click here to see more projects from the design team!




5 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

That's so fun. I see those all over my neighborhood. What a great idea and did I already tell you that I love the wonderful photographic set up you have going on. Very cool!

Nancy Penir said...

Love your park scene, and all the bright happy elements. We need some of your rain! Want to trade for awhile?

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun scene Jeanne!! The little kites are so cute!

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card Jeanne...love your wonderful scene you created!

Patry Ro said...

Really nice project!! TFS!!