Friday, March 13, 2015

TYIC#17 - I Quite Like Your Smile!



No complaining today!  The weather is beautiful - I can see sidewalks again!  Not even going to complain about all the puddles and muddy footprints on the kitchen floor!  Just so happy to be getting outside again without worrying about slipping!  So nice to be outside walking with Moriko - breathing the fresh air and listening to the birds sing!    

A new challenge begins today at Tag You're It!    This time the insiration is from Gayatri Murali!  Is this one gorgeous or what?  How clever is that?  Cutting the tag from the cover and then inserting it back in at a slightly tilted angle?  I love the bright colors, sprinkle of sequins.. but yes.. that neat cut tag.  So captivating for this simple mind!  LOL!  

The hard part?  Making it my own.  Let's face it.. the design is perfect.. what to change?  I couldn't think of anything except the color - and the flowers (only because I dont have that set! LOL!) 

I cut a flagged tail tag, and then snipped off the bottom to make it flat.  This allowed more of the colored background to peek through!
 

 I hope you'll give this one a try.  If you'd like to see what the rest of the team did - including Gayatri - (how in the world could she top this?) you can see them all at Tag You're It Challenge blog!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!










Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Pretty Little Peonies, Quite Like You
Dies:  WPlus9 Pretty Little Peopnies, MFT Fishtail Flags, Blueprint Tag
Ribbon:  May Arts 1/4" Chevron Stripe Yellow Twill
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento
Paper PTI Rustic Cream, SU! Daffodil Delight

Pearls 

4 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

I posted a comment, but then our internet was down and I'm not sure if it got through. I LOVE this card with those yellow blooms and the tag angled, and the sweet sentiment! I'm pinning this!

Kara said...

love the bright happy yellow!!

Jill Norwood said...

Gayatri's card is gorgeous as is yours my dear! Such a beautiful design idea! Love the flowers and the spring feeling! Beautiful!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Phenomenal, WOWZA, Love all the cheery yellow!!!