Friday, May 2, 2014

CASology - Electric

 Hi and happy Friday!  It's been super busy here lately.  You can probably tell from all the posts the past few days.  My husband is an electrician and usually works at a different place every day.  Lately he's been at a site close to home so I've been sneaking off to meet him for lunch.   It feels like were dating again!  The only problem with that is by dinner time I'm not hungry.  UGH... Tummy FULLLLL!  It's been raining almost every day too.  I lost the land line and wi fi for a few hours yesterday.  You never know how much you miss something until it isn't there!  When I saw the cue card at CAS ology this week I knew I HAD to play. Electricity is near and dear my heart. 
To get that shaded effect on the background I used pigment inks.  I inked up the stamp completely with bright yellow and then just around the edges with light orange, and last a bright orange.   To remove the hard lines created by ink pad I just inked up my finger with the excess ink on my acrylic block and pushed around the ink to make it look a little softer.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!










Supplies: Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps: Neat & Tangled Sparkle & Shine, Sunburst
Ink: Memento Luxe Dandelion, Fresh Ink Pumpkin, Avery Elle Fizz, Versafine Onyx Black
Sequins Neat & Tangled

6 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this bright light Jeanne! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Joyce said...

Oh, how fun. I can see why you really love electricity where you live! this card is so bright, and the design so fun. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Kara said...

Awesome!

Somdeepa Das said...

Oh, bright and cheerful! Love this!

Jasleen Kaur said...

Amazing use of the inks. Love this bright and lovely card!

Sharron said...

Love your bright, cheerful take on the challenge@