Saturday, May 31, 2014

12 Kits of Occassions - In the Navy

May is quickly closing to an end and June is just about here.  I'm looking forward to the warmer months spent outside - cooking on the grill, being lazy and watching the garden grow!  Today I'm posting my projects for the 12 Kits of Occasions.  This is a group of 12 friends / designers.  Every month we take turns providing a kit full of supplies to the rest of the group.  On the last day of the month we all post what we made with the kit.  It's always fun to see how different our projects look, and the creative ways the supplies are used.   There are always a few elements I'm not sure what to do with and look for in all the posts.  This time my tricky (say that like "my pretty") was the cork.  Mine kept breaking on me when I removed the adhesive.   If I could do it over I would keep the adhesive backing on and adhere it "as is".

Our hostess this month is Joyce from Cards by the Sea and our theme is "In the Navy".  This kit was a good reflection of Joyce's personality and style.  She is a very CAS gal (you might know her from CASology), so a very stream lined clean kit this time.  And Joyce is a California coast girl - so the nautical theme is something close to her heart.  Here's a peek a the kit - lots of stamped and die cut images from WPlus9, and Waltzingmouse with a few wood and cork accents thrown in .  I tried to keep with the elements she provided and only added a few trims (sorry!  I just couldn't resist!)  I made 5 cards so here goes...


Here's a list of the 12 Kits Of Occasions designers - we have a few guesties this month too!



Thanks for stopping by and here's to the start of a great summer!










You can see a complete list of products for the kit as well as names of designers and previews at the 12 Kits of Occassions blog.   Items I added include
Twinery Twine Midnight Blue, 1/4" Silver Ric Rac & 1/8 Navy Diagonal Stripe Ribbon May Arts, PTI Label 3, Border Punchs  EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace, Zig Zag Stitch Spellbinder Pinking Circle, Tags Trio, Nested Pennants, Enamel Dots, Embossing Folder Cuttlebug Baby's Breath, Button, Card Stock



14 comments:

Kara said...

Beautiful cards! My fave is the first one with the bright stripes! If it makes you feel any better I accidentally broke all of the balsa wood pieces..lol!

Renee said...

As always Jeanne they are so perfectly you...
which is just perfect!
Love them all but I think the last one just blew me away...
love how you used all the elements and colors! :)
Fabulous cards with a fabulous kit!:)

Diane Jaquay said...

These are all marvelous, Jeanne! LOVE the "hero" card, and the one with the little wooden boat!!

Cathy Weber said...

Your tag card...THE BEST!!!! I really wish I had thought of it! You really rocked Joyce's kit...every card is so different and interesting. I love the twine knot tails you added to some of your cards...be prepared to see that cased by me very soon! Hope you have enjoyed your vacation...cute, cute cards!

Marybeth said...

Wonderful cards today Jeanne! Love the one with the waves and the shaded sailboat. ( I accidentally broke mine) Love that second to the last card with red white and blue, gorgeous! I saved that one for later.
Welcome Home.

Joyce said...

Fabulous collection of cards, Jeanne. Love everything you made. Such fun for me to see you you fussied up my CASified kit. Now I am making up my own words, as real words cannot describe my delight. I have no favorites, as I love them all. A few details I love--the black sailboat behind the wooden one, the way you used those wave die cuts, and the anchor hanging from a button. So sorry you had trouble with the cork. Let me know if you need some more.

Kim Heggins said...

So many wonderful cards and your tag card is just the best, so many fabulous little details. I love them all. Your first card is my favorite of all...I just love all that you did and those lifesavers that that sentiment, so so perfect. Can't wait to play with all my left over goodies.

Sharron said...

They are all so amazing, Jeanne! Love seeing your designs. It's such fun to look at all the wonderful details. Don't feel back about your problems with the cork. The first thing I did was break the balsa wood anchor! Love all your cards but I think my favorites are the ones with sailboats. Both have such a fantastic mixture of elements!

Pauline said...

These are great Jeanne, lovely bold colours, and great graphic style.

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne what a gorgeous collection of cards. Yes Joyce's kit just rocked. I love how you created the thanks banner and used the Father's Day banner with the balsa boat! The cover plate looks awesome of the red and I LOVE how you worked those waves in not one but two cards!

Sherrie M. said...

It was so fun to join you guys this month! What a great set of cards you created. Love how you layered all the elements, especially the waves. Wonderful!

Lindsey said...

The way you've used this kit just absolutely amazes me. I kept thinking, "Wish I had thought of that!" I keep coming back to your 3rd card. The way you layered the sailboat dies for shadowing is brilliant and I love how you used the waves, too. I am one very happy girl that I still have most of the goodies you used on that card and will be CASing it very soon.

JD/ Jill said...

These are all so nicely done! It's really neat to see how different and creative all the cards that everyone does using the same supplies...great inspiration!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh Jeanne I love EVERY SINGLE ONE!!! They are simply Devine! I love the way you did the twine with the anchor on the white die cut card, and the first and last cards are so colorful and beautiful :) I just can't get enough!