Monday, March 31, 2014

12 Kits - In Like A Lion - Out Like A Lamb

Thanks for stopping by today!  It's the last day of the month - can you believe it?  Spring has to be just right around the corner!  I sure hope so anyway!  Today I'm showing you projects I made with the package of wonderful things I received from my friend Kellly Schirmer - Gingham Girl!.  Kelly is the host this month for the 12 Kits of Occasions.  We are a group of 12 designers who take turns hosting a card kit for the rest of the group.   We all receive the same kit and on the last day of the month we show all the things we made.  It's fun and interesting to see the different ways we use same products.   

There were so many great products to work with.   Kelly really out did herself.   I made 5 cards this time and I still have loads of supplies that I can use on more cards later.  She also introduced me to lots of items that I don't have that are going on my wish list including the picket fence, die cut flowers and leaves, and tulip stamp set.   I usually find that I have an item that I simply don't know what to do with, that I keep an eye our for.  The item that had me stumped this time?  That striped die cut in navy that you can see in the photo.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the ladies used it so I can case one of their projects.   Ready for the projects?  OK .. here goes!

Want to see more projects?  You can see a preview of a projects and find links to each designer with projects featured here on the 12 Kits of Occasions blog or just click on their names here

We have a special guestie this month too!  Karen Stein!  

Kellly Schirmer - Gingham Girl (our hostess this month)

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!









Patterned Paper: Pebbles “Front Porch”
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink: Vintage Cream, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, Soft Stone, Ocean Tides, Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Linen Vellum Bazzill: Rock Candy (gray), Lollipop (dark pink) Coredinations Foundations Canvas Texture: Eggplant (navy)
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps: Nestie Eggs, Spring Baskets, L’il Buddies, Compact Sentiments, Gift Card It, Papertrey Ink: Take Three: Spring, Flower Fusion #11 (tulips), A Muse Studio: Kindred Spirits
Dies: Waltzingmouse Stamps: Gift Card It and Gift Card Envelope die
Spellbinders: Nested Eggs (discontinued)
Memory Box: Fluffy Bunny, Wonderful Watering Can, Perfect Petioles
Woodland Branch, Dancing Butterflies, Resting Birds, Luscious Leaves, Creekside Leaves
Papertrey Ink: Picket Fence, Take Three die, Flower Fusion #11 die
Embossing Folders/Plates: A Muse Studio Woodgrain texture plate
Papertrey Ink Horizontal Stripe Cover Plate
Lifestyle Crafts Big Dots embossing folder
Embellishments: Mini white pom poms, grey gingham ribbon, cream twill tape, pink and aqua baker’s twine, Heidi Grace “Cartwheel” epoxy dots, Jillibean Soup Etched Wood button, Prima bird clips, Recollections pearls, mini office tag


Items I added:
Border Punch EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace,

Card Stock SU! Strawberry Slush,  Basic Grey
Ribbon May Arts Ivory Button Twine, 3/8" Solid Check Pink, 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Turquoise, Twinery Stone
Dies:  Spellbinder Charmed I'm Sure, PTI Matt Stack 3, SU! Chalk Talk, Cheery Lynn Priscilla Doily
Buttons
Copic Markers
3/8" Corner Rounder / Chomper We R Memory Keepers

17 comments:

Peanut said...

Adorable collection of cards, Jeanne! Looks like you've got Easter sorted already! :)
hugs, Asha

Marybeth said...

Love them all! Oh the pink scalloped one is a stand out for me. Love the flowers on the fence,we had the same thought with that one...I may have gone a bit overboard with mine. Beautiful job with this fun kit....I have tons leftover too! Can't wait to try and make one like your pink card.

The Hardy Stamper said...

I think I'd be stumped by the blue stripey die cut too! I love the Hoppy Easter bunny card - well they are all nice - but I always like to see Waltzingmouse stamps in action! Well Done!

~Tammy~ said...

Jeanne, you have such a creative mind! I always love coming by to look at your beautiful work. You inspire me!

Anonymous said...

Jeanne...as always, you totally out did yourself with this kit. Your cards just amazing, so much gorgeous detail and bows, beautiful bows! And you don't own that picket fence die...that has to be the only supply out there that you do not have, right? I love them, so fun and so springy too!

Tenia Nelson said...

Wonderful cards!!

JJ Bolton said...

Oh, your cards just make me happy!! Just gorgeous!

Sharron said...

Loved seeing how everyone used the picket fence. The pretty die cut you added really helps ground the fence and adds to the sweet scene. And of course I adore WM bunny--so charming with your gorgeous bow and wooden button. They are all so wonderful but one that especially caught my eye was the tulip with the scalloped borders--so striking!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such wonderful inspiration, Jeanne! WOW! LOVE all the fabulous color and trims and whatnot! Yum!

Cathy Weber said...

Drop dead gorgeous...each and every one! I love how it looks like you used one doily and made it work on two cards! Cute idea to pair it up with the picket fence and flowers...love the scallopy borders on the tulip card. That cute teal bunny was shaded so nicely...really great combination of papers and die cuts this month!

Renee said...

As always...
gorgeous perfection!!
I couldn't pick a favorite if I had to...
though that adorable bunny is just hopping away with my heart...
love him!
But they are all just so gorgeous...
and so YOU!!
Colors and bows...
I always think of you when I see big bows! :)

Kara said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! love the card with the fence so much!!

Joyce said...

Fabulous collection of cards, Jeanne. You did an amazing job using all of your supplies. I'll bet by now you have figured out what to do with that blue striped piece. I love your first card, with that bunny and the fence.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh you guys always have so much fun wth your kits, great job.

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne what a stunning collection of cards you created with Kelly's kit. LOVE the bunny tag and your pretty tulip! Lots of ribbon and twine!

Kelly S. said...

Your style is SO spectacular, Jeanne! Each card a feast for the eyes. I am so in love with the tulip card!, with it tucked in that PTI die cut! That pink gingham bow totally got me, too, as well as the sweet scalloped edges. Your picket fence scene was love at first sight on the blog! I love the flowers on the fence and the way everything pops on the pink dotted background. Your bunny card is so "Jeanne" with it's creative layout and the lovely silky bow with the wooden button! (Wish I had a whole container of them!!) And your layered eggs! Love how you scattered the mini blooms throughout almost all of your cards. Just adorable!

The Paper Parade said...

Jeanne, you seriously make the most beautiful cards. Every single one of them is magazine worthy. I think my favorites this month are the egg card first. I love the layering of the eggs, the perfect patterned papers, and the placement of the little flowers. Then the pink flower card above it, the color is so striking! And I love how in the second card you colored the bunny blue, he is just too sweet :)