Sunday, February 2, 2014

Congratulations George!

Yep!  It's Super Bowl Sunday!   But it's also Court of Honor Day for a new Eagle Scout - George!  I told you my family is big into scouting.  We're always so proud and excited when one of the boys makes it this far.  Eagle is the highest Rank a scout can achieve.   It's the pinnacle of his scouting career. Since my husband is Scout Master I've seen lots of scouts Eagle.  This one is extra special because I feel like I've watched George grow up.   We've worked on lots of merit badges together and I'm so proud of the young man he's become! 

 I love this new set of stamps from Lil Inkers - "Snarky Sentiments".  I can pretend I'm one of the cool mom's and make this celebrate card casual and fun.  The "542" is our troop, the fleur de lis is a symbol of scouting, and the compass is my wish that George never loses his way (and yes, it does spin!) 
 Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy the game - or if you're like me - maybe you can sneak away to do a little crafting while the guys watch the game!! 











Supplies:  Finished Size 5.75 x 5.75:
Stamp:  Lil Inker Snarky Sentiments
Pattern Paper:  K&CO BSA
Dies:  Lil Inker Stitched Sentiments, Paper Smooches Numbers, Spellbinder Fleur De Lis
Border Punch:  Martha Steward Zig Zag
Compass and Spinners - Tim Holtz
Jute Twine

3 comments:

The Hardy Stamper said...

What a great card! Congratulations to George too.

Kim Heggins said...

a Big Congrats to George!!! So exciting. and your card is simply amazing...I mean it, so much incredible detail, I am sure George will treasure this forever.

Joyce said...

Fabulous card for a very big achievement.