Wednesday, July 24, 2013

SSCB#16 Add Fabric - Welcome

Hi friends!  Glad you could stop by today.  I've got the deets on the new Serendipity Stamps Challenge and I'm hoping you are going to find some time to play!  The challenge this time is to add some fabric (other than ribbon or lace) on your project.  This is a good time to get those Serendipity Stamps inky and you might just win $20 off your next order.   Everyone is a winner though because the current sale is 40% off the highest priced item in your cart  - use code “40fromhigh713”  good through 7/31. 

I sort of hemmed and hawed over this one - I thought about felt flowers, and strips of burlap, but in the end I settled for this simple linen cloth.  I found it at Michael s and it came in a 12 x 12" sheet - mixed in with all their other 12 x 12 papers in the "scrapbook" area.   It was super easy to make the fringes by pulling threads off the edges, and it lays nice and smooth - not too bulky.   I colored up my frame with Copic markers and fussy cut it - inside and out.    I thought I'd do something a little unexpected by adding the rows of bright ric rac and enamel dots inside the frame.  I think my serious flower frame looks whimsical and fun now.  What do you think?
Stop by the rest of the design team's blogs and see what they did with this fabric challenge.  I'm sure you'll be delighted and see more unexpected ways they interpreted the challenge.


Have a great day!



Floral FrameWelcome
Supplies Used:  Finished Size: 5.25 x 5.25"

Stamps:  Serendipity Welcome 1008D, Floral Frame 695L
Pattern Paper:  Crate Paper "Farmhouse" Collection 6x6" Pad
Card Stock:  PTI True Black, Vintage Cream
Fabric:  Recollections 12 x 12" Linen
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Ribbon:  Ric Rac Hot Pink, Orange, Pink Decorative Trim (Hobby Lobby)
Button Twine Ivory, Irridescent Ivory Taffeta 5/8" May Arts
Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye
Button

7 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

That is one beautiful frame...love the coloring and how you added the linen to it. As I read your post, I realized how you phased it perfectly...the ric rack was a surprise and unexpected...great idea.

Marybeth said...

First of all, what a pretty stamped frame! Well I love what you ended up with because this is beautiful and bright! Love the colored zig zag too…well not sure what its called.

Renee said...

Gorgeous!
Those bright colors and all the little extra's just make you smile! :)
Love your fabric choice...
and the frayed edges are perfect...
such a gorgeous "Jeanne" creation! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....this is stunning! I love that rick rack and all those wonderful colors, it just screams spring/summer! That fabric is so perfect and your fussy cutting is amazing...love everything about it!

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jeanne, I love the rich summery colours on your beautiful card.Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is a neat colour explosion Jeanne! Love the bright, vivid colours and the combination of stamping and fabrics! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Sharron said...

You really put a lot of love into this one! It's gorgeous! The frame is amazing and so beautifully colored. And I love the linen and bright ric rac!