Sunday, June 23, 2013

RR#56 - Hello!

Hi friends!  I hope you're doing good!  You survived the weekend - back to the working week!  Our church had their annual "Fun Days" carnival over the weekend.   Parish families all volunteer with the set up, clean up and running of some of the booths.  It's a good time reconnecting with friends and there's lots of fun to be had as well... rides, good food... what else do you need?

Twice a month The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog posts a new challenge.  This inspiration photo was picked out by Lenet and she wants you to create something inspired by the photo and use a flower, ribbons and lace.   I was just about done with my card when I realized I needed to add some lace... so quick thinking here....   I just threaded some 1/8" ribbon through the holes in a 6" length of crochet lace and tied the ends together to make a rosette.  I slipped a brad through the center and attached it to my bow.  Not too shabby huh?  Or maybe it is?  Shabby Chic?? I sure hope so!

I loved the stack of different colored tins in the photo and decided to stack different rows of patterned paper.  I ran them through a scallop border punch to add a little interest.  
Here's my finished card.
Need some inspiration?  Visit the rest of the Ribbon Reel design team to jump start your mojo.  Just click on their names below.

I hope you will join us at the Ribbon Reel  - I'd love to see what you come up with!

Jeanne


Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.5" x 6.25"
Ribbon Reel:  40 mm Hybrid Dark Pink Rose, Leaf Pin, Lace, 5/8" Sheer Ruffle Edge Pink Ribbon, 1/8
 Pink Satin

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Compact Sentiments
Pattern Paper:  Heidi Swapp Sugar Sweet Collection 12x12" Pad
Card Stock:  PTI Raspberry Fizz, Vintage Cream, SU! Pretty In Pink
Brad: Brides
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

4 comments:

Pauline said...

So pretty Jeanne, I love that little rose, my favourite colour!
And I forgot the lace too lol!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! What a stunning array of patterns and colors, and I just love how you've featured these goodies from TRR so effortlessly!

Lisa Minckler said...

The way you've layered those incredibly exotic papers really accents the inspiration photo and how they've stacked the tins. The outcome is perfection and viola, the best lace rosette ever!! LOL. Nice save there ;)
hugs,
Lisa x

~Tammy~ said...

You just have the most gorgeous collections of papers and you have the perfect way to mix them with your beautiful designs!