Sunday, February 3, 2013

Stampin Royalty #161 - Happy Birthday


Hi! I hope everyone is doing good - big game today!! I'm not a big sports fan - I'm one of those people who have trouble sitting still for a few hours - I have a hard time trying to relax and always find myself thinking of all the other things I should be doing. I think that is why I like crafting. It keeps my mind busy.

I did manage to make it through a few episodes of Downton Abby last night - watching on demand.  I've heard so many good things about it I figured it was about time I gave it a try.  Now I feel like I need to get caught up with the back story to know the characters better.  I loved the elegant setting that reminded me so much of Biltmore in the states.  I remember touring the mansion and thinking "how could anybody live like this?".  Downton Abby explained it all - silly me what was I thinking? 

I am entering this card at Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger as well as Stampin Royalty Challenge this week - both have the theme of  Birthdays!  The Moxie Fabulous Cath  is celebrating her mom's birthday!  I used a gold acrylic paint dabber to add some extra glimmer on the leaves, as well as a pearl ring and some pretty pink leaf pins - all the extras I know my mom would love.
Thank you for stopping by for a peek - I hope you have a beautiful day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5" x 7"
Stamp:  Serendipity
Die Cuts:  Cheery Lynn  Nautical Wheeler,  Spellbinders Foliage
Pins:  Ribbon Reel, Roses Wild Orchid Crafts, Ribbon Reel
Ribbon  7/8" Dusty Rose Double Face Satin Ribbon Boutique Hobby Lobby
Pattern Paper:  Echo Park Victoria Garden Collection "Journaling Cards" "Botanical Ballad"
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink:  Fine Linen, Sweet Blush
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Adirondack Metallic Acrylic Paint Dabber Gold , Versa Magic Pixie Dust
Cuttlebug PaperLace 2 Embossing Folder
Pearl Ring:  His & Hers Hobby Lobby

4 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...

Such a pretty card, Jeanne. Yes, definitely go back to the very first episode of Downton Abbey and watch from there. It is SOOO worth it!

Kristi said...

So pretty! All of the flowers are just gorgeous!!

Cathy Weber said...

I LOVE Downton Abbey...have been watching it from Season 1 to the current all in the past two weeks! Way too much tv, but it is so good! Your card is so pretty with all those flowers and the leaves with the music print paper. The doily fits really perfectly behind the flowers and those are really pretty stick pins. Happy Super Bowl!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jeanne! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)