Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Throwdown - Tea At Granny's

I was delighted to see the theme over at Tuesday Throwdown!  It gave me a chance to pull out one of my favorite stamps - the Tea Service from Serendipity!  I love the victorian images and the romantic feel to them.   I made this tag to put on a basket of tea time goodies for a friend!  She is always working hard and I thought I'd give her an excuse to take a break.  She is a tea drinker like me so I knew she would appreciate a basket with some strong English tea and of course some cookies and sugar sticks
I colored the Tea Service image, cut them out with an oval die, stacked that on a silver oval die cut, and then stacked that on a scalloped oval die cut that I embossed and then sanded.  Here is a close up of the tag I put in the middle of the bow.  I stamped the background "Circle White Scroll" in Momento Summertime light blue to match the bow, and then stamped the "Tea Time" sentiment, dicut it and  poped in the center with some foam adhesive.
Here is a close up of the little tea cup image- I made a tiny tag with it to dangle from the bow.  Isn't this the sweetest thing?  I attached it with some twine that I wrapped around the center of the bow.  I hot glued the bow to the main tag so that it doesn't pull apart.  The ribbon is wire trimmed so it is easy to shape into a beautiful puffy bow. I hope you have time to play and join me over at the Tuesday Throwdown challenge!Thanks for stopping to take a look!
Jeanne
Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Serendipity Tea Service 016G, Tea Time Sentiment 102C, Teacup 103C, Circle White Scroll 600E
Dies:  Spellbinders Labels 6, Petite Ovals, Grand Scalloped Ovals, Standard Circles
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Paper Lace 2
Twine:  Twinery Stone
Marker:  Copic BV00, BV000, BV04, BV01, RV00, R83, R85, G21, YG95, WO, W1, B14, B32, V15 
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky

9 comments:

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous tag , Jeanne! You sure know how to package a gift! I love the large bow and the beautiful tags you made. What a cute stamp set. Your friend will love this! You are always so thoughtful.

Joyce said...

Oh, my. Who wouldn't like a lovely gift like this. Even someone who didn't like tea would want to start. This is just so sweet.

Cathy Weber said...

Now i want this one! I love how you made this look like the teacups re on a china plate...at least that is what it looked like to me. The little mini tag is so cute and the whole gift is packaged so nicely. Honestly just a beautiful project!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful gift basket Jeanne. Your friend is going to love this and you. :) The stamps are beautiful and so is your coloring. I love the sweet little tag too! Hugs

The Paper Parade said...

What a great gift set! I just love that huge bow and the shadows around the teapots :)

Deborah Frings said...

What a glorious tag and gift set - just beautiful!

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Jeanne! This is fantastic. Love your coloring. What a great gift basket. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie TT DT

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Woozserm this is stunning.
Fabulous card the image is simply gorgeous. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
tuesdaythrowdown.

stampingtink said...

This is so pretty! I just love the colors and the small tag is gorgeous. Pretty bow. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown and I hope you'll come and join us next week!

Susan, TT DT