Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Ribbon Reel #30 - Strawberries & Cream

the ribbon reel challenge blogI'm having another busy day!  So much for the lazy days of summer.   Today is my husband's birthday  so I'm doing a bit of running around buying groceries, and looking for a cake.   I want to make a nice dinner for him - I'm thinking BBQ since it is so hot today.  I'm passing on baking the cake and looking for something in Ice Cream!  Don't you hate when you go to the store and they're not open yet?   The ice cream shop doesn't open until noon so I guess I will have to break down and bake one - or go back out in a few hours! 

My son is doing better since he had his wisdom teeth out - he still looks like a chipmunk, but he's up and moving around!  Like Frankenstein  ...   "HE'S ALIVE!!!"  Puppy keeps going into the compost for in between meal snacks and has discovered the cocoa shell mulch smells like chocolate.  It's no wonder she has a belly ache.   I keep scolding her and pinning her to the ground prying her mouth open to scrape out all the junk that goes in!  It is like having a baby - everything goes into the mouth!!!   I am going to have to keep her on a leash in the yard if this continues.  Gosh I miss my old girl!!
I snuck in some crafty time for me last night.  It was strange staying up late, but good thing about summer is I can sleep in.  I know I can, but I never do.  I think I'm to old to reset my internal alarm clock.  No regrets though...  When I saw the Ribbon Reel Challenge Strawberries & Cream I was so excited!!  Finally!!!  I got to ink up my Papertrey Strawberry Patch and color a bit.  It's therapy for this crafty soul!

I double stamped and colored the strawberries and leaves to layer them for more effect.  I lightly highlighted the vines in a soft green and added gems to the flower centers.  The fancy doily is new from Cheery Lynn, and the fancy two color bow was made by looping two colors of seam binding together in a figure 8 pattern so the colors alternate.
Thank you for stopping by and having a look!  I hope your day is bright and beautiful!

Jeanne
Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6x6"
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink Strawberry Patch
Paper:  My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Collection Union Square "Home Sweet Home" Love Paper, Lost & Found Two Collection Blush "Sweet" Bouquet Paper
Solid Paper:  Papertrey Ink Kraft, Stampers Select, Scarlet Jewel
Dies:  Spellbinder Grand Ovals, Nested Pennants, Cheery Lynn Manons Wedding Garland
Ribbon Reel:  Seam Binding Baby Pink, Camel, 16mm Satin Pleat Burgundy Ribbon, Button Twine Pink
Extras Buttons, Gems
Ink:  Momento Rhubarb Stalk, Rich Cocoa
Copic Markers

15 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Happy Birthday to your husband, glad to hear your son is up and ALIVE and if I was hanging out with your dog, I'd probably be found by the composte too! I do lurve me some chocolate.
Kudos for being a night owl Jeanne, this is a very 'tidy' and elegant and fascinating summery card. Makes me want to start making jellies!

Have a great party and I hope you resolved the cake situation.

Marybeth said...

Happy Birthday to your husband. I hope he enjoys his day, I am sure you will see to that. Ok this is a brand new favorite of mine. I adore the pink gingham with the deep rich polka dots. The double or two sided bow is drop dead gorgeous and the strawberries are colored to perfection. Love it, can you tell! Enjoy your day. Sorry you still miss your old girl , I cant imagine.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby and glad your son is on the mend. Hang in there with the little one, she'll mellow out in a few years. :-)
I love all of your cards and this one's no exception. The gingham and double bow are fav's but those strawberries are calling my name. YUM-O! Your coloring is WAY better than mine Jeanne! The twice stamped images are fab and add super dimension to this sweet ;) card. I LOVE IT!

Anne-Elise said...

Happy birthday to your husband! Your card is beautiful, Jeanne! Love these strawberries with the gorgeous bow! So sweet! :)

Cathy Weber said...

Beautiful!!! I have a story to tell you about that strawberry patch set. Watch for my email! I love that new doily in the background and as always your coloring is immaculate! I just finished a card for this challenge, writing it up as we speak!

Michelle said...

Jeanne, this is stunning! From the papers to the strawberries, beautiful bow, button and little gems....all gorgeous!!!!
H.B. to your hubby!

Joyce said...

Happy birthday to your husband. And, this is a gorgeous card--almost good enough to eat, but I don't think you'd like that, would you? Your bows are perfect, as usual. Ice cream cake sounds perfect to me--my favorite, and easy on the teeth for your poor son.

JJ Bolton said...

I was hoping you'd get that strawberry set, lol! I love the images but knew that I could never do them justice like I knew you could:) And I was right!! This card is just sooooo sweet! I love the double color bow and the gingham!!!

Hope your hubby had a great birthday! At least your son could have ice cream, right?

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Jeanne! Love this!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow, this is just so stunning and so amazing. Beautiful card and I need to check out this challenge, I have seen some pretty awesome cards and this is no exception.

Pauline said...

I had to return to say Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week! Love those popped up strawberries, and that lacy frame is just beautiful, I am adding it to my ever growing wish list of dies from cheery Lynn!

Deborah Frings said...

Love these strawberries, they look good enough to eat!! Your colouring is just fab. Love all the details.

Belated birthday greetings to your husband, hope you had a good time. Puppy sounds like a real handful!
And I hope your son's chipmunk cheeks are going down :)

Helen Berry said...

Oh my word!! Those strawberries look amazing - such a gorgeous, fresh, summery feel to this card - gorgeous papers too. I just love the double seam bow and that stunning Garland/doily die cut framing your oval label too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight my lovely x x x x

Lenet said...

Beautiful!! I love your bow! Thanks for joining us at the Ribbon Real

Oscar said...

Beautiful card Jeanne, I just love those strawberries, yummy! Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this week! x