Monday, May 14, 2012

WMSCCC04-2012 - For the Birds


I know I said I wasn't going to let this happen, but it looks like I am slipping again.  Another Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge has been announced, and I didn't finish the previous one!  I'm not too far behind thankfully!    If you're running late too, that is ok!  You still have time to get those cards done!  You can get all the details in the Waltzingmouse Forum in the Playroom under Christmas Card Challenges.  Here's a link to the forum page. 
 You might be thinking "Christmas Cards in May???" but let me tell you, there are some big prizes at stake here.  And just think, even if you don't win -you will still have some cards ready to go in a pinch when December rolls around!

The challenge for April is "For the Birds and Trees".  To quote Lynn - the Master of Mischief Makers "You are challenged to create Christmas cards incorporating a bird (or several), and if that idea doesn't take flight, you can "branch out" with some wooded bliss". 

I'm from the Midwest so of course I'm thinking if I'm a bird at Christmas in the Midwest it would sure be nice to have a snug little house.  So here is my take on the challenge....

I used traditional red and green on this design with a sweet little birdhouse decked out with a bejeweled wreath and glittery trim.  The pretty swag border was created with the Nutcracker Sweet Set.  I adorned the boughs with little red heart gems, and silver beads.

I hope you like it, and always, thanks so much for having a look!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size: 5 x 7:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Nutcracker Sweet, Say It Loud Winter Holiday
Paper:  Echo Park Merry Christmas Collection "Christmas Carol", Glitter Paper DCWV, Solid Paper Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy, Kraft, Vintage Cream
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Cuckoo Clock, Blossom Tags and Accents, Standard Circles, Grand Labels 11, Cheery Lynn French Pastry Doily, Xyron Shapez Frame 5
Embossing Folder:  Holly Swirls from holly Swirls and Sheet Music Set by Sizzix
Twinery Maraschino
Ribbon 1/4" Satin
Gems
Ink:  Momento Cottage Ivy, Stampin'Up! Real Red, Ranger Distress Antique Linen

10 comments:

anya said...

LOVE it! That little bit of sparkle on the bird house is a perfect touch! Looks great with with music background paper and the swag of greenery across the top. At least you aren't as far behind as I am - my last challenge was January's! :o

Lisa Minckler said...

Hi Jeanne :)
Where do I start. The green swag up top is the perfect rendition of tree leaves and that birdhouse is precious traditional Christmas and I LOOOOVE the wreath that looks like a mint. :D
Not an easy task to make a holiday card with a bird, but girl..you nailed it!!!!!!
Hugs to you,
Lisa xx

Deborah Frings said...

Just gorgeous! This is such a lovely card - I love the decorated bird house.

You're doing better than me with the challenges :)

Marybeth said...

That is one lucky bird! Such a cute festive Christmas house. Love this card Jeanne! That scallop with the green at the top is so pretty, and the music paper in red is to die for! I keep saying I will make a card for this now that I have a few WM Christmas stamps, just need to get going. Hope you had a nice mothers day with your family.

JJ Bolton said...

Fabuloso! My favorite elements are the swag border and the gold detailing and wreath on the birdhouse! And the blue bird is a great touch:).

I'm seriously behind in my WMS Christmas cards! It's on my list, lol!

Hope you had a great Mother's Day Jeanne!

Debbie said...

Fabulous card! Love all the different elements!

Pauline said...

Ohh Jeanne, this is a beauty! What a gorgeous Christmas card, I love the clever stamping, and the traditional colours. Feeling festive haha! It's still like winter here lol!

The Paper Parade said...

There are so many great elements to this card! I love the garland stamp and how it fits perfectly into the scallops, and what a great Christmasey bird house!

Cathy Weber said...

This is so pretty! I love that bird house and with the great music print paper, it makes a great holiday card. Love the doily on it and the sparkly roof of the birdhouse. Great job on this one.

Sharron said...

Fabulous & so festive! Love the gold touches on the birdhouse and the wonderful red music background! But the gorgeous swag treatment at the top is my favorite part!