Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room #95 - Time Flies - Who Loves You?


I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year's Celebration!  Both my kids were off partying with their friends so my hubby and I got to ring in the new year on our own!  We had a quiet evening at home eating pizza and watching the celebrations on TV.   I hate to admit it, but I fell asleep just before midnight!  I think that's a first for me!  We skipped the champagne in case we had to drive anywhere, but enjoyed ourselves just the same.  I'm looking forward to 2012 and seeing all the beautiful new things this year has to bring! 
Are you ready for another great inspiration photo from The Shabby Tea Room?  How cute is this one?   I love the branch with the butterflies and the owls "nested" on the frilly bed - so of course I had to play along.  This bed looks fit for a princess who loves the outdoors.  The branch reminds me of a dream catcher - only full of butterflies! 

I started with the blue background and scored some lines in it to mimic the panelling in the background.  I added some green ruffles for the quilt, and topped it off with a spread of owls - like the patchwork quilt on the bed.  I couldn't resist blinging out the owls to give them some glam and more dimension.  I used a Quickutz die for the actual branch, and a Sizzix die for the foliage.  It was a branch with leaves - I trimmed off the leaves and added them one at a time.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for the butterflies, and any patterned paper you see is just bits and pieces from my scrap box that has been rapidly growing.

Thank you for taking the time to have a look!  I hope you have a fantastic day.  If you want to play along this week you can get all the details here:  http://theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/2012/01/week-95-time-flies.html

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size is 5" x 7"

Stamps:  Balancing Owls, Owl Set Hero Arts   -    Who Love Ya?  Serendipity Stamps 851D
Border Punch:  EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace
Dies:  Spellbinders Classic Squares, Classic Inverted Squares
Butterflies:  Martha Stewart Punches
Branch:  Quickutz Revolution DIe
Leaves:  SIzzix Branch with Leaves Sizzlit xL
Markers:  Copic

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Too cute!! Love those little owls! Congrats on your win last week.

hugs,
Kristi xx

Lotta said...

Hi Jeanne! Beautiful card! Love both your owls and butterflies! Owls are pretty fun to play with, don´t you agree? hugs Sandra

Deborah Frings said...

Soooo cute!!!! Don't you just love owls? I adore this card, sweet colours, cute birds and googly eyes too! Fab!

Marybeth said...

I love how you made this card from the photo ! You captured it so beautifully. Love your adorable owl card. I know someone else who will love this card too. :) You win In my book.

Debbie said...

Perfect ... perfect ... perfect for the Tea Room challenge this week!! Thanks so much for sharing this adorable card with us all :)

Cathy Weber said...

I love the cute little scene you created and those sweet owls. I think I know who Marybeth was talking about when she said she knows someone who would love this card, our friend Joyce from the PTI forum. She loves owls! I love the little butterflies on this one and the branches. Makes me smile just looking at it. Happy New Year, I was asleep by 10!

Pauline said...

Beautiful Jeanne, yopu captured the phot inspiration perfectly. I like the little owl popped up on a stamp, and the die cut branch. A very cute card!

Sheri said...

OH MY!! This is an AWESOME interpretation of the inspiration photo! Thanks so much for joining us at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM ;-)