Wednesday, August 10, 2011

OWH - Thinking of You Compass Card - 8-10-11

I am honored to be the sample cardmaker this week for Operation Write Home mid week throwdown.  The challenge this week is to make a "Thinking of You" card.  Operation Write Home is committed to supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.  If you are interested in participating please go to their blog at http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org to find out more.
I was drawn to the colorful world map patterned paper that is my background.  This struck a chord for me because I  know our service men and women are stationed all over the world.   I put the compass as my centerpiece (and yes it does really spin!) knowing that no matter where you are that your heart always points home.


I tied a pink raffia ribbon in a simple bow first and then adhered my seam binding looped bow to it.  In the center of the bow is a button I had on hand.  I like to use buttons because it is an easy way to add any sort of tie on - like the tag.  I dressed up the craft thread with some e-beads to add a little sparkle.  I hope you like it!  I hope you will feel inspired to make a card of your own - I am looking forward to visiting all the links on the OWH blog!

Products Used:                                    Finished Card SIze is 5.5 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Sentiment from Fancy Phrases Collection and Frame from Vintage Labels 3:  Waltzingmouse Stamps       Compass:  Stampabilities
Patterned Paper:  K & Co. Sweet Nectar Collection
Spinner Arrow - Tim Holtz
Border Punch:  EK Success Morocco Lace
Dies:  Spellbinders:  Labels Three, Tags Trio
Ink:  Momento Rosebud and Tuxedo Black
Seam Binding Hug Snug Summer Rose

7 comments:

Pauline said...

This is a beautiful card, a stunning design? The map and compass theme fit so well with the rope frame, a wonderful design.

Jen M said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for being the sample card maker!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Jeanne your card is simply gorgeous! Thank you so much for being our sample card maker this week and sharing your awesome creativity with us :)

Please be sure to check the comments at the OWH S&S blog from time to time this week. Most are for you!

Hugs, Jan

Christina said...

This is beautiful! I love the combination of the compass, map, and rope frames. What a perfect card for one of our troops overseas!

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors and the world map dp.

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! The backing map paper is super with great pinks, blues, yellows - so much choice. And I really like the compass as your focal point. Genius! Wish I could do bows like this :)

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the colors and your fabulous papers!