Monday, June 27, 2011

Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge #75 Happy Halloween!

 
OK... I'm going to admit it... .  This was a really hard card for me.  I couldn't get my head around the stripes... .I kept picking out a pretty paper for the background and getting mad because those stripes kept covering it up.  I was up until way past midnight until I finally got a lightbulb over my head and came up with this Halloween card.  It's probably not too early to start thinking about fall and holiday cards to start making to send to the troops - especially if you're going to make a bunch like me!
I'm really happy with how this one turned out.   The bright colors and the die cut mask in glitter paper (not the kind that will flake off)  give it that perfect little shimmer for that Halloween magic.  I'm looking forward to seeing what everybody came up with!  This was a great challenge to keep me on my toes!

Supplies used:
Patterend Paper - Basic Grey
Stamp and rectange die cuts - Just Rite Stampers
Mask Die Cut:  Quickutz

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

Jeanne- I love Halloween cards and got started on them recently myself. I think this is a great sketch to highlight a bunch of wonderful patterns! Nice work!

Jennifer said...

Love the card....Also love the picture of the card :)

Donna Hanley said...

What a fabulous card. I love all the papers you picked and that little mask is so cute. What beautiful ribbon also. I was just saying the other day that I need to start Halloween cards and now you've pushed me into it. Thank you and thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

What a fun Halloween card! Great job, Jeanne! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Julia Aston said...

What a great card! love the mix of papers and that fun mask!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun Halloween card Jeanne! Love the JR mini sentiment and all the Halloween PP! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

wow. great halloween card. How do you get your bows to look so perfect?

Linda said...

Super mix of prints! TFS!!!