Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Waltzingmouse - May Waltz For the Boys

On the 17th of every month Waltzingmouse Stamps sponsors a blog hop/waltz.  This month's challenge is to create a project with a masculine theme. 
Since we are a scouting family and my guys love the outdoors it was easy to think of a theme.   Their best day ever would be fishing and camping in the great outdoors.  Last summer they went on a trip to Yellowstone and couldn't say enough about the beauty of the outdoors.  (So they don't appreciate ribbons and pretty bows, bling, and shiny paper.  Still gotta give them some credit for knowing a good thing when they see it.!!!)

This is what  I came up with - a card for my sweetie that will be perfect for Father's Day. 
This was a great opportunity for me to crack open those new Waltzingmouse stamps I just got in the mail (love the smell of new stamps!!!).  I used the Gingham & Co. for the trim and background.  The squirrel in the background is a nutcracker I got a few years back.
The Fleur De Lis is from the Vintage Labels 2 set, and the frame is from Vintage Labels 3. 

The sentiment is from Seasons of Love Tags (which is not only for Xmas and Valentines!!!).
I thought this was a great way to let my husband know that I appreciate all he does -and thank him for always supporting me.  He really is  MY STAR!


Other supplies used: 
 Paper - K&Co. Boy Scouts of America Collection
 Punch - Martha Stewart
 Dies - Spellinders
 Ink -  Momento

16 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant!! Love the backing papers, the punched borders and the layered topper! The Fleur de Lys is perfect!!

Bonnie said...

Oooo! I love that paper - and what beautiful colours you have used! Great job!

Kary said...

What a Lovely card!! Perfect for Father's Day! I love the colours and the patterned paper worked so well with your stamps. Well done!

Joanne Gilch said...

That squirrel caught my eye first and then the deer on the card and then my eyes drank it all in and I can hardly click off your post. drinking in all the elements and this is a fabulous card!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful masculine card! love the colors and shapes you used on this!

Cassie_lu said...

great card for the boys

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Very cool! Love your border and fabulous colors!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is such a fun card and those papers are perfect! I love your layered labels and sentiment tag, too!

Bumblebee said...

This is such a well composed card! All the elements work so well together! Great work!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Congrats on your new blog Jeanne! Love these papers and the rustic feel of this card.

Karen B. said...

O now this is fantastic. Love how the stamps compliment the pattern paper for a perfect guy look!

Cyndie said...

Wow, your patterns and textures are amazing! Great design--I love this card!

LaurieJ said...

Wow, your husband is really going to love this card! All of the details are fantastic. I especially like your little sentiment tag.

Lee said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous. Love your use of the sentiment...I need to remember that one!

snowbear said...

A very different look... quite masculine!

Mona Pendleton said...

What an awesome masculine card Jeanne!